Trying to Find a New Wire Harness Manufacturer? You have landed on the right place. As a Custom Wire Harness Manufacturer since 1985, our team at Falconer Electronics has worked with hundreds of customers ranging from numerous different industries.
This blog post continues our series on maximizing the due diligence process when searching for a new custom manufacturer to outsource production. In particular, partnering with a New Wire Harness Manufacturer. Each week we are providing a helpful step by step process to provide guidance with your search.
Previous posts include:
This week we discuss the process of discovering a New Wire Harness Manufacturer.
How to Find a New Wire Harness Manufacturer?
Partnering with to a New Wire Harness Manufacturer would be extremely beneficial for your company. Once you have decided to outsource your Wire Harness Assembly process, now the search begins.
Unless you already have a candidate in mind, most likely you will kick start the process by relying on connections within your network. A great place to start includes the list below:
- Chamber of Commerce or other local connections and business organizations
- Trade Associations
If you lack successful connections going this route, no fear. Call on your dear friend Google. Conducting a few Google searches will show you local as well as national Wire Harness Manufacturing companies.
Is geography a critical factor? For example, if you were looking for a supplier of wooden pallets, you need somebody extremely close otherwise shipping costs would be brutal and cost prohibitive.
With a Wire Harness Assembly, shipping costs are not prohibitive and detrimental. Partnering with the right company in another part of the country can still offer a highly effective relationship.
Once you have discovered a worthy prospect, begin conducting company research to see if this is a good fit for you.
Check Out the Company Website:
- First, explore the company website. Does the website represent the company as a partner that you can trust?
- Does the company reveal itself having the staff, tools, resources, and ability to tackle your project?
- Do they serve your industry?
- Do they have the experience and expertise to take on your project?
- Proximity? Do they need to be within a certain distance of your facility?
Check out their Social Media:
- Is the company active on social media and communicating the culture?
- Does it fit with yours?
- Does the company provide helpful tips?
- Communicate the company mission? Does the mission fit with yours?
- Can you easily submit a drawing of your wire harness assembly?
- When you contact them, do you receive a quick response?
Below are a few questions to consider asking:
- Types of customers: What industry does the company target? Do they understand your needs? Can they speak your language? Do you feel a chemistry and kindred spirit with this company? Do they have the flexibility to speed up when during your busier times? Can they adjust to varying seasonal demands?
- Vendor relationships: Do they have outstanding vendor relationships? Do they offer purchasing power? Are they willing to negotiate and fight for the lowest cost on product for you? Do they have strong cash flow and pay their bills on time so there are no delays in purchasing your product?
Wrapping It Up
Lastly, Thank you for taking the time to read this post.
In addition, please click these helpful links for more info:
Finally, to learn about Wire Harness Assemblies, please click below:
- Instant Wire Harness Estimate
- Wire Harness Manufacturing Terms, Tools, and Tips of the Trade
- Wiring Harness Assembly: The Official Resource Guide