As an electronics custom manufacturer for over 30 years, we have watched many trends come and go. This week we discussed the continued steady growth with B2B E-commerce. Of course, this trend shows no signs of slowing down anytime soon.
So we decided to join the e-commerce party. Actually, we decided to jump in feet first. Going through the process of instituting a new e-commerce store was especially thrilling for our team.
Many small businesses find embracing new technology challenging. Utilizing unfamiliar technology to develop a new sales channel takes a team effort. Especially since creating a new method of doing business requires instituting a cultural shift. This process can be scary as well as exciting at the same time.
Yet, since opening our e-commerce store, we have opened new doors that previously never existed for us. Being the “under the radar” is no longer an option in the digital age.
E-commerce Tips for Manufacturers
In continuing our series on B2B Marketing, creating a sales channel is critical for product sustainability. If you consider launching your own e-commerce store, below includes several tips to consider:
- Domain name
- Select web designer – find someone with experience – someone you trust – someone with a proven track record.
- Select a shopping cart – your designer will have the experience and expertise to walk you through this process
- Credit card processor
- SSL Certificate
- Designated email for customer service and product inquiries
- Consider establishing a dedicated phone line on the website
- Infrastructure in place to process orders quickly – fast turnaround time is paramount
- Talk with reps from UPS, FEDEX, and USPS regarding discounts and shipping options