Does blogging really work for manufacturers? In particular, for custom manufacturers? Are blogging benefits really worth the time and investment?
Common questions that manufacturers ask when considering a blog strategy:
- Will blogging help increase our search rankings?
- Does blogging actually help increase traffic?
- As a manufacturer what topics should we even type about?
- Will anyone have interest in what we blog about?
These are all excellent questions as well as legitimate concerns.
Actually, blogging just sounds like a lot of work with few rewards, right?
Well, thanks to blogging and focusing on internet marketing strategies, our company has realized dramatic results.
First, our website traffic increased nearly 1000% from November 2017 compared to November 2018.
For example, our month over month search traffic increase from September 2018 compared to October 2018 hit 54%.
In addition, traffic jumped from September 2018 to November 2018 nearly 100%.
That is a big victory for a small business like ours.
Of course, we still have a LONG way to go. No champagne popping at this point.
Second, search rankings for our keywords continue to progress extremely well.
Third, companies have started sharing our posts on social media as well as using our links.
Lastly, blogging has opened new doors and created exciting connections for our team.
For more information on blogging for manufacturers:
- Check out this outstanding blog from the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST): Blogging for Manufacturers: 5 Reasons You Need a Company Blog
- Below includes another excellent blog from the Online Marketing Institute: 5 Digital Strategies for Manufacturing Companies to Drive Business Growth
We credit this dramatic traffic increase from closely following internet marketing experts such as:
- Neil Patel – https://neilpatel.com/
- Brian Dean – https://backlinko.com/
- Darren Rowse – https://problogger.com/
Protocol 80 also provides fantastic content to help manufacturers with blogging:
Following these experts created a solid game plan with our marketing efforts. Why reinvent the wheel while proven strategies already exist?
Helping our customers is our primary goal.
As a manufacturer, making top quality products as well as delivering on time are key components to success.
Yet, it goes so much deeper than just quality and delivering on time.
Building healthy relationships is critical.
Delivering a deep commitment to helping customers increases profitability.
We work closely with many customers on new product development. This list includes brand new start ups as well as businesses with decades of history.
Those conversations with new product development frequently include, “How do we market the product?”
We consider ourselves a partner or extension of our customers.
We relish engaging in conversations on internet marketing strategies with our customers.
Especially when a new strategy or tactic works extremely well.
It’s great when we share ideas or show a new specific approach that generates increased traffic.
So, this year we started blogging about online B2B Marketing strategies.
Several posts included:
- Social Media Marketing For Manufacturers
- WordPress Blogging Guide for Manufacturers: Getting Green in Readability and SEO
- Utilizing LinkedIn for Small Manufacturers
In addition, product informational posts include:
- Wire Harness Manufacturing Terms, Tools, and Tips of the Trade
- Build Your Business Tips: Selecting a Wire Harness Manufacturer
- Ground Straps: What Are They And What Are They Used For?
Our team works diligently to deliver value to our customers.
This includes our desire to provide valuable content.
Wrapping It Up
Thank for reading our post on Blogging Benefits for Manufacturers.